Hi! I'm new here! (long - sorry!)

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
kimpaulus00

Re : Hi! I'm new here! (long - sorry!)

Postby kimpaulus00 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 07:41 am

I hope that you do head in to be checked out. Those symptoms are kinda the ones that I was getting concernerd about and my labs were even coming back fineon Monday. However, the MFM said that labs could lag the actual physical symptoms so even if you have labs that are drawn and comping back fine, make sure that L&D inderstands and notes all of your symptoms and that you are reallly checked out.

desertdancer

Postby desertdancer » Fri Aug 10, 2007 00:28 am

Thanks for your replies. I have never had a 24 hr urine test done. My OB has his staff use dipsticks in the office. They have never shown anything that I am aware of. Baby is kicking well. Very active. My husband has the day off tomorrow. I think we will head into the L&D in the morning and get checked out as my doc is on vacation this week and no one is in the office on Friday. I feel off and yes it could be pg stuff but I'd rather be safe too. I'll keep you posted.

DD

onesock

Postby onesock » Fri Aug 10, 2007 00:06 am

Just going to pipe in too and suggest that you listen to your body! There is absolutely nothing wrong with erring on the side of caution! I would just go get checked out...36 is so close :) I hope that everything is A-OK!! Keep us posted

caryn
Forum Moderator

Postby caryn » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:37 pm

I'm just chiming in to agree; we say: Know The Symptoms, Trust Yourself. At least one of our Experts refers to nausea as an "underappreciated symptom" in late pregnancy.

Here's a link to our Signs and Symptoms page: http://www.preeclampsia.org/symptoms.asp

You'll notice you're reporting a lot of them, but to me the red flag is that you just don't feel right. In your shoes, I'd head on in to L&D and have them check you out. How are your kick counts?

catherinesmom

Postby catherinesmom » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:52 pm

I agree. Those sx could all be normal pregnancy things, but could also be PE sx also. It would be nice if your OB could do a quick check tomorrow, to make sure all is well before the weekend.

sonja
Forum Moderator

Postby sonja » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:29 pm

Welcome. The scarey thing here is that the syptoms that you are describing could be normal pregnancy things, acid reflux or really bad pre-e signs. The signs that we are told to watch for and get seen right away with are: upper right chest pain, a headache that won't go away with tylenol, visual disturbances, but a feeling of nasuea is also something to be worried about (it is another one of those things that could be a sign of pre-e, but then again it also can be normal pregnancy pains). I am concerned that you don't feel that your OB is taking you seriously - it is so imporant to feel secure with your OB. Have you had a 24 hour urine test yet to see where you are protein wise? If you feel ill please call into your OB or L&D - waiting until Monday seems like a long time - maybe you can head in tomorrow for a quick check - then you won't have to wait all weekend. Take care and let us know how you are doing.

desertdancer

Hi! I'm new here! (long - sorry!)

Postby desertdancer » Thu Aug 09, 2007 09:29 pm

I've been reading stories and advice on this forum for a few weeks now. I wish all you ladies the best in your deliveries!
A little bit about myself. I am 35 married mom with 2 children ages 12 and 7. I had a miscarriage in between these two and one after. I am now preggo with number 5 but it is the 3rd viable child. With my son I had PIH and was developing signs of PE when I was in labor but nothing major happened. I guess I was lucky. My blood pressure never evened out after this pregnancy. It has floated in the 135-140 over 80-90 range. Doc was waiting for 3 consistant readings to diagnose me with high blood pressure. I did 2 whole days wearing a monitor that indicated nothing worth treating yet. I am now 36 weeks along and have had an interesting pregnancy. I was hospitalized in April at about 3 months along due to high blood pressure. I was dehydrated due to morning sickness and as we sat in the ER my bp just kept getting higher and higher toping out at 190/110. They kept me for two days, iv'd me and things went back down to about 145/90 or so. Over the course of the next few months it stayed around 150/95. Doc said when it hits 160 he would start treatment. In about my 7 month my bp dropped to 130-135 over 75-80. Really good. Even better than before I was pregnant. During this time I have still had morning sickness for which I was and am still taking Diclectin 3x a day. Well about a week ago I really started feeling awful. The upper part of my stomach hurts all the time. About 3 days ago when I ate supper I was in actual physical pain. It really hurt and I had to stop. This lasted about 20 minutes. I've been watching my bp during this whole thing and it is all over the place. Its as low as 129/75 to 154/95. The past 2 days though my base of 130-135 over 75/80 has gone up. I usually register at 144/90 as the low end of my readings. I have also started to feel sick to my stomach for two days now. The diclectin is not working too well. I have had super duper heartburn for this entire week. Back around 7 months i had a bit and doc suggested Zantac 2x a day. I have been doing this faithfully this past week and what normally should last 12 hours is lasting 6. I wake up coughing because I have such bad acid reflux I am bringing up stuff and choking on it (tmi sorry). I feel listless and uncomfortable and have had a headache that comes and goes for a few days. Today I have also been light headed and having trouble breathing when I exert myself in any way.(I am asthmatic and it is cloudy out - Just the weather?) Should I be worried? My doc doesn't seem to think anything until my pressures get up past 160. I do have an appt to see him on Monday. I'm worried as with my son's pregnancy I was hosptialized three times and swelled up really badly at the end. I didn't quite feel like this but they were concerned enough.(lived in different city at the time) Now anything I say seems to get shrugged off. During my 7th month I had a sinus infection that went into my chest. I could barely breath. My OB told me to go see my family physician about my asthma meds. He did prescribe antibiotics but if he is high risk why couldn't he treat me? I guess my confidence in my doc is shaken. Thanks for reading.

DD

Return to “Ask the Experienced”