How long from your PE diagnosis until delivery?

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
kamden80

Re : How long from your PE diagnosis until delivery?

Postby kamden80 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 05:42 pm

I went into the ER at 7:00 pm on 10-24-07 with suspected pre-e and Emerson was born by emergency c-section at 9:52 am on 10-25. So, about 14 hours. His heart stopped beating which necessitated the c-section.

kywrite

Postby kywrite » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:36 pm

Jenarose Belle was born four days after my last post, when my PU started moving up and my B/P was hitting 200/110. This was right at 36 weeks. She weighed 6 lb 3 oz, exactly what her estimated measurements were two weeks before birth, and is doing very well, just like her big sister. So from diagnosis to delivery - about three weeks or so, but we watched everything like a hawk. SO glad I had this forum to tell me what I really needed to look for.

jsmith

Postby jsmith » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:25 pm

PE suspected at 23 weeks (bp of 160 over 100 and 24 h urin collection of 300) - officially diagnosed at 28 weeks. Ended up being induced at 39 weeks and 4 days!! Labile pressures all the way through but protein never went above 400mg. We were lucky and the PE never really progressed. We made it 17 weeks and had a healthy baby girl.

mrsike

Postby mrsike » Thu Dec 17, 2009 08:26 pm

I was "diagnosed" quite early, because of my borderline cases and ongoing blood pressure issues. My doc technically put the term "impending PE" in my file at 20 weeks and 1 day. Our original goal was make it to 36 weeks, and with each appointment it decreased by a week. At 26 week her transferred my care to a high-risk OB. He was determined to make it to 32 weeks - he got close she was born at 30 weeks and 5 days. She got bumped to the 31 week mark since that it what the ultrasound marked her at 31 weeks on the mark - even I though I know without a doubt the day she was conceived. ;) And fortunately, I was already in the hospital on bed rest. My urine tested at PE but not off-the freaking charts level at my nightly tinkle. Less than 6 hours later I had progressed to off-the freaking chart level and in the beginning stages of HELLP.

hols537

Postby hols537 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 09:17 am

I was diagnosed at 30w and a few days and admitted to the hospital immediately. My son was born about a week and a half later. I did not get PE with my 2nd, but did leave the pregnancy with higher BPs which took about 6 months to return to normal.

sheri-ct
Forum Moderator

Postby sheri-ct » Mon Sep 21, 2009 08:05 am

I was diagnosed and rushed into surgery asap, but I think signs were missed along the way. I had bp issues, lots of swelling and my DS was not staying on his growth curve. I was in and out of the hospital a lot.

atvlady

Postby atvlady » Mon Sep 21, 2009 07:49 am

I had symptoms at 16 weeks of pre-e and PIH, HELLP symptoms at 18 weeks and delivered at 20 weeks due to liver failure, pulmonary edema and blood from kidneys. Darren did not live:(

Question: How many of you had subsequent pregnancies AFTER the ones noted here and did you get pre-e and/or HELLP again and if so, how early?
Thanks. This is a VERY good thread :D

kywrite

Postby kywrite » Mon Sep 21, 2009 02:34 am

With my daughter Scarlett, I was diagnosed and delivered the next day at 37 weeks, but they had been watching things steadily creep upward.

With this one, I hit 35 weeks yesterday and am watching my b/p growing less stable (sys anywhere from 129-179, di staying round 85-95, mostly around 145/90) and my protein going up - 250 at 31 wks, 590 about two weeks ago for formal dx, and 730 on friday. I've been on bedrest at home for two weeks, and boy I needed it. I have also turned down inpatient six times now because, frankly, being in a hospital bed without a computer/internet and worrying about my little Scarlett would stress me out more than sitting at home in bed, and we live three blocks from a clinic, minutes from the hospital.

However, my **** doctor (who I don't like or trust - military system) is not budging on delivering at 39 weeks. Does this make sense? Baby Jenarose is perfect and weighs 6 lb 3 oz already -- seems like if the amnio is okay this week or next, they should go ahead and deliver before the protein hits something dangerous.

tree
Forum Moderator

Postby tree » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:22 pm

Diagnosed with HELLP at around 10pm 35 weeks/0days, delivered by emergency c-section at 2 am. BP never rose above 130/90, and I made it to class I HELLP anyway...

christine lyn

Postby christine lyn » Sun Sep 20, 2009 09:13 pm

I was diagnosed at 7 months/30 weeks and had my son within a few hours from finding out.

Return to “Ask the Experienced”