Flying

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
sonja
Forum Moderator

Re : Flying

Postby sonja » Fri Feb 09, 2007 03:53 pm

I would ask your OB, but I have never heard of restrictions put on people flying that early - usually later in pregnancy. Have a good trip!

ozierja

Re : Flying

Postby ozierja » Fri Feb 09, 2007 03:53 pm

Hello,
I was 12 weeks when I had to fly from Nashville, TN to Ft. Lauderdale, FL. The main thing is to make sure you move frequently, stand up and stretch your legs. I did fine and I was told there was no reason to suspect I would not. I am not sure if this is always the case and I had not had a previous pregnancy to compare my risk of PE/PIH. However, no underlying disorders is definately in your favor!

michellelhuston

Flying

Postby michellelhuston » Fri Feb 09, 2007 03:42 pm

Next week I am supposed to go to FL. (about a 2 1/2 hour flight) I leave on Friday and come home on Monday. I will be 7 weeks pregnant. Does anyone know if it is ok to fly this early? I was on a baby website and the things I read have me really paranoid. Things like the cabin pressure increases your BP because of the air. Could increase blood clots...(I have no underlying disorders) My sister will be with me and we are going for my best friends baby shower. So I know that she will know where the hospitals are just in case. I was also going to ask my dr. if he knows of any good dr. in the Tampa area just in case. If anyone has any comments or suggestions that could ease my mind, I would greatly appreciate it! Also I go to the dr the day before I leave, I was going to check with my dr too.

Return to “Ask the Experienced”