Taking Kelly To Hospital ER

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
celticepona

Re : Taking Kelly To Hospital ER

Postby celticepona » Sun Nov 20, 637966 12:00 pm

Hey Kelly, glad to hear you are sleeping a bit more now. That may help bring your pressures down a bit (amazing what a little sleep will do) Please contiunue watching your pressures though. I am glad they are coming down. (hugs)

annegarrett

Postby annegarrett » Sun Nov 20, 637966 9:33 am

We are just filled with joy that you had a happy outcome after it all--and it is very comforting to have a member who truly benefits from the advice, support and prayers of our forums--it makes it feel like we are contributing in some little way to a healthy mom and baby. Take care!!

kelly w

Postby kelly w » Sun Nov 20, 637966 9:13 am

Anne, I agree with you. Good, wholesome food is the best thing ever to heal from childbirth in general, much less a traumatic birth! And after weeks of hospital food I am enjoying tons of fresh veggies and fruits and whole grains! [who designs those awful, unhealthy hospial meals anyway?!! LOL!]

Caryn, I totally agree with you - the onset of being able to sleep again corresponded very closely to the drop in my pressures - within about 24 hours I think. I feel so much better today I can't even express it! No more pounding headache, racing heart, chest pain, nausea, and no more feeling like I'm amped up on something illegal and deadly LOL! I feel like ME again and boy is it great!

Thanks again everyone for all the advice and prayers and kindness you've all shown. You were so helpful to us in such a bad time!!!

Kelly

blythe

Postby blythe » Sat Nov 19, 637966 1:23 am

I'm so glad to hear you're doing better! Hopefully this is the home stretch!

caryn
Forum Moderator

Postby caryn » Fri Nov 18, 637966 8:38 am

Kelly, I do think (but this is just my guess) that the hyperreflexia of PE is somehow involved with the not-sleeping, and that it's probably caused by the same soluble factors... and that it's adaptive, in that it gives us a burst of postpartum energy to get mom and baby properly cared for, and that PE patients get a bit too much of it and can't sleep for days. [:)]

I'm glad to hear you're sleeping; it makes me speculate wildly that your reflexes are slowing back down to normal.

kathyc

Postby kathyc » Tue Nov 08, 637966 12:08 pm

Kelly,

I'm so glad to hear some good news! I hope you keep getting better and better. How's that sweet baby doing?

annegarrett

Postby annegarrett » Tue Nov 08, 637966 12:08 pm

Kelly--I am glad to hear your pressures are coming down. As some perspective--our Medical Director once told me that 140/100 was different for a pregnant woman than a nonpregnant woman, in terms of danger. That being said--as Laura suggested--go back in if that headache flares up and go where you got the best care. I bet they feel as powerless as you did about this situation but as your DH mentioned--you got better care so despite not admitting you, they may have saved your life, so trust them to work the system and go back to them.

This is where I am expressing my personal opinion--not the PF's necessarily--while we do not recommend any particular diet or program for preeclampsia--research shows that proper diet can help with nonpregnant hypertension--so you are in what is essentially a flushing out period--and so things like avoiding excess salt, eating lots and lots of fiber (vegetables, whole grains) and drinking a ton of water will help flush your system and an unburdened system often (in my personal experience) brings down a high BP. As you drop all the water you have retained--your body will feel better. Again--my personal experience, not a clinical observation, not a doctor and definitely not endorsed by or recommended by the PF! :)

PS: I am a big fan of spinach, kale, oatmeal, and beef broth (not mixed together...)

jana m

Postby jana m » Tue Nov 08, 637966 11:20 am

Great news, Kelly. I hope you continue to regain your strength and your good health. Keep us posted on you and your new daughter.

fiona
Forum Moderator

Postby fiona » Tue Nov 08, 637966 4:08 am

That's very good news Kelly - and I'm glad you're finally able to rest.

kelly w

Postby kelly w » Tue Nov 08, 637966 3:47 am

Thank you everyone!

My blood pressure seems to be coming down! It was down yesterday and today it is consistently running 140-150/95-100. I know its still high, but that is SO much better than it has been in weeks that I am really starting to think we are on the down slope! For the first time in a month I don't have a pounding blood pressure headache - woohoo! [;)] And I'm sleeping again, which seems to be tied in there some how too.

I am so grateful for all of your support, well wishes, and prayers. You guys are so awesome!

I am really hopeful that our crisis is passing now. [:)]

Kelly

Return to “Ask the Experienced”