Irritating doctor visit

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
chubbiesmom

Re : Irritating doctor visit

Postby chubbiesmom » Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:08 am

Fiona- Ohhh thanks for the suggestion. I think that will go over much better with the family if I put it on ice instead of next to the Mountain Dew in the fridge LOL.

Mamajett- I also was able to locate a peri near me with the link provided. Hopefully they will be able to squeeze me in. Thanks!!!

Michelle

fiona
Forum Moderator

Postby fiona » Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:47 am

I kept my bottle of pee on ice next to the loo. I just bought a couple of those big bags of ice and stuck it all in a bucket.

gilma

Postby gilma » Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:38 am

Everyone has given great advice just wanted to second or third the whole weight loss thing. I kept losing through the whole pregnancy....by the time I started gaining (8lbs in one week) all the staff at the office said was that's okay your starting to catch up to where your supposed to be! (2 weeks later I was in the hospital.) This was the pattern (losing weight and gaining a large amount at once right before hospitalization) for all of my pregnancies by the way.
Good for you being so proactive. Keep it up girl!

heather j
Forum Moderator

Postby heather j » Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:12 am

I found the list of my potential peris/mfms through the maternal fetal medicine website which I was directed to by this forum. Here's the link:

http://www.smfm.org/index.cfm?zone=search&nav=doctor

Try to just enter your city/state. If that doesn't work, leave all fields blank except for state and see what turns up; though I don't imagine you'll have trouble locating one since I found a couple here in little ol' Knoxville!

You can ask for your results. I do everytime they run something, and I stick it in my little binder that I tote along to every visit...don't think they haven't noticed [;)]!

To second Julie - YES is has to be refrigerated - even iced for the card ride back!

Again, you're one brave gal!

ozierja

Postby ozierja » Wed Dec 06, 2006 09:16 am

Hi Michelle, they should have told you to keep the urine refigerated. Also you are entitled to all of your records and test results.
You are my hero too:)

chubbiesmom

Postby chubbiesmom » Wed Dec 06, 2006 09:03 am

Thank you everyone for making me feel like I'm not overreacting. Do I need to keep the urine refrigerated?? The only thing instructions I received were to not use the first urine of this morning but of tomorrow morning when I'm finishing the 24 hrs.

My labs should be back tomorrow, and I hope they are ok. Yes, this is the new OB I switched to after interviewing after leaving my OB of over 10 yrs. So this is very upsetting that he seems like such a boob after being completely different at the interview then he is now. agghhhh!!!. I told my dh I don't even want him delivering our baby.

Can I request copies of my bloodwork done so that I can have them in hand for myself??

I can't seem to find a peri in my area. I live in the Metro Detroit(michigan) area, and I thought they would be easy to locate.

If it wasn't for all of you, I wouldn't be on top of things. I made sure I read posts before I left so I would have the nerve to actually speak up, and it worked [:)]

Thanks again!

Michelle

alexp

Postby alexp » Wed Dec 06, 2006 00:55 am

Michelle - I'm not trying to be funny - b/c like Caryn said, it's really not funny at all...

but I feel they must've given you the male urine collector is because your doctor thinks you've got some mighty big cojones! [;)]

Seriously, you are my hero now. Good for you for being so wonderfully proactive, educated, assertive and brave.

What you are describing is concerning. I can't really add anything to the advice others have given. I like the idea of L&D too. Please keep us posted - you and baby are in my thoughts.

heather j
Forum Moderator

Postby heather j » Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:16 pm

This guy was the new guy after your last ob, right? Ugh. Sometimes it's so hard to find a good doctor and, really, that's sad and discouraging. Like everyone else has said, though, it's really good that at least you're on top of things - and try to get in with a peri!

denise

Postby denise » Tue Dec 05, 2006 09:57 pm

Michelle, please do keep the suggestion of L&D in your mind. Keep us posted.

caryn
Forum Moderator

Postby caryn » Tue Dec 05, 2006 09:48 pm

Oh dear, Michelle, you made me spit coffee across the room. And really, it's not funny.

I definitely second the L&D with any concerns, call a perinatologist comments -- so many OBs never really see a severe PE patient, and probably many never see a recurrent PE patient either.

Let us know how things go -- did they say how long it would take to get the labwork back?

Return to “Ask the Experienced”