big difference between top and bottom bp numbers

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
khailibowen

Re : big difference between top and bottom bp numbers

Postby khailibowen » Mon Nov 06, 2006 09:17 am

Thanks. I have an appointment today and wanted to know how much I should push this or not. She is taking good care of me and I'm doing all I can, so I'll let her know I'm concerned about it and then see what she has to add.

caryn
Forum Moderator

Re : big difference between top and bottom bp numbers

Postby caryn » Mon Nov 06, 2006 07:32 am

Mary,

Those numbers seem odd to me too. My instinct is to say that you're right -- they have something to do with the meds -- but I don't know.

In the meantime, you're handling it just right. You're keeping records, you're monitoring at home, you've got extra oversight from your OB... I can't think of anything to add to that.

Don't think of it as paranoia, think of it as being proactive, aware, and effective! [:D]

khailibowen

big difference between top and bottom bp numbers

Postby khailibowen » Sat Nov 04, 2006 09:53 am

My top and bottom bp numbers have been at extremes it seems. I am having bp's like 181/81 or 170/84, 150/70. These seem to be pretty far apart to me. I am seeing my OB 2 times a week for bioprofiles and NST's and everything with the baby is just fine, but I feel like I am a walking time bomb. My doc is concerned about my bp's but seems to think that since the bottom number is so "low" that everything is okay. I am on bedrest and I am on meds, so maybe that is what is keeping my bottom number low, but I'm worried about my top numbers. I don't ahve any protein in my urine, I don't have swelling, but I do have headaches alot due to the bp. I am 33 weeks and she says she will take the baby by 36 weeks at the latest so I knwo she is concerned, so am I just over paranoid about these numbers. I keep a record of my numbers and take them in to her each visit, so she is aware of them.

Return to “Ask the Experienced”