11wks pregnant and no heartbeat

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
missgamecock

Re : 11wks pregnant and no heartbeat

Postby missgamecock » Sun Oct 29, 2006 07:46 am

It's ok Kathy. It appears to look like the baby just stop developing then. I don't think what you have had is a molar pregnancy. I'm not a dr. However since the baby stopped developing at 7 weeks and you are now 11 weeks. You havn't had bleeding, your dr may decide to go ahead and do a d&c. Be prepared if they want to do it quickly. The reason is that this can cause a uterine infection. That is why I had an emergency one done. My WBC was over 22k and the cutoff was 10k and it was climbing. However mine was for retained parts. I had retained part of the amniotic bag and it became infected in the uterus. Plus it was stuck to the uterine wall, hence the need to get it out. This is in NO way your fault. You didn't do anything wrong. It is ok to cry if you need to. Cry and get it all out. I'm surprised that they are having you wait. Once I had been identified as still having something in there on US, they paged my dr. He happened to be at the hospital delivering a baby. I had to go to straight to the hospital from the imaging place. Then I was in surgery like an hour later. It happened very quick. It may be different for a miscarriage though. Just because you have one healthy child doesn't mean that you didn't deserve another. Anyway see if you can call in and get in earlier. The wait would drive me crazy and my dr would fit me in.

bestbabegirl

Postby bestbabegirl » Sun Oct 29, 2006 05:20 am

Thank you everyone for giving answers to my questions. Well The baby showed in the ultrasound but there was no heart beat. I look at it as if you know God's will..I wouldnt want to have a sick baby; that I wouldnt be able to handle. So in a way is good that my body acted this way. I cried all I have to cry but I also think positive. I do not know how others might see it, but thats how I am. I just have to keep on living my life I have a 2yr old daughter and she is my everything I dont want her to see me depress and crying all the time over something that happened and of course there was nothing that I could about it. I have a life ahead of me; yeah I am young and I can get pregnant again, but is not about that a loss is a loss...but umm I have to see my doctor halloween's day wow what a scary day to tell me the news about the d&c. Well everyone I would like to thank you for having time to reply me and for the comfort you all gave me. Is GOOD and I feel blessed that even though we dont know each other is like there is a connection because of what has happened to all of us. Love you guys and thanks for the support, may GOD bless you always.

alexp

Postby alexp » Sat Oct 28, 2006 05:21 pm

Hi Kathy,

I am so sorry for your loss. Please don't let anyone blame you for what happened - it is in no way your fault.

I want to encourage you to call your HCP, to talk to them about how you are feeling and to let them know that you have many unanswered questions.

Did your HCP say you had a molar pregnancy? They are fairly rare. Here is a link about them that you may find helpful: http://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregna ... nancy.html

In a molar pregnancy, the early placenta develops into a mass of cysts (called a hydatidiform mole) that resemble a bunch of white grapes. The embryo either does not form at all or is malformed and cannot survive.

Your HCP can also talk to you more about a D&C - like Sabrina said, it is minor surgery in which the physician dilates your cervix to get into the uterus and the contents are then removed.

Again, I am very sorry you are going through this. Please know that it is not your fault. I hope you get some answers and comfort soon.

amandah

Postby amandah » Sat Oct 28, 2006 04:38 pm

a molar pregnancy is when there is just a sac there and no baby. that means there never was a baby there and it is technically not a miscarraige which should put your mind at ease. they dont know why it happens but it usually just dissolves on its own if that is what it is i am sorry that this has happened to you!!!

missgamecock

Postby missgamecock » Sat Oct 28, 2006 01:43 pm

I am so sorry. A D&C (dialation and cutterage) is a minor surgical procedure where they go in and scrape the uterus 360 degrees. I had one done after the birth of my daughter last year to stop bleeding and I had an infection and retained parts. It is not bad physically but of course the emotional part will be worse than anything for you. Basically mine was an emergency. So I went to the hospital after an ultrasound. Went up to L&D/maternity. They started an iv. The anesthesiologist came in and talked with me. They decided to do a spinal with iv sedation. They took me down to the OR where my dr was (he had also popped in upstairs for questions). In the hallway outside the or they did the spinal. Then I felt really sleepy and had some good drugs. Put me in the OR. I remember only three things from it. Then they brought me back to the room. I had to be able to eat, drink, and pee before I could leave. Even as an emergency, I was in the hospital for about 6 hours total. Recovery was easy.

I don't know anything about a molar pregnancy. I want to say how sorry I am.

bestbabegirl

11wks pregnant and no heartbeat

Postby bestbabegirl » Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:44 am

My name is Kathy. I am 23 years old. I have a 27 months daughter and the pregnancy went well; I had no difficulties. Now I am pregnant a second time I had my ultrasound at 11wks 10.27.2006 I found out that there was no heart beat and that the baby stop growing at 7wks. I have read many stories here which I can relate too. But there a lot of things that i do not understand and I am asking to please help me. I feel destroy crying all the time; my partner blames me for what has happen. I dont know what to do I have to wait until next week to see my doctor. I have read about a D&C also about partial molar pregnancy....can someone please help me out I dont understand what they are. Thanks for all your help

Return to “Ask the Experienced”