11wks pregnant and no heartbeat

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
robertmyangel

Re : 11wks pregnant and no heartbeat

Postby robertmyangel » Sat Nov 04, 2006 03:23 pm

Kathy,

I am so sorry for your loss. I have never experienced an early pregnancy loss, I lost my baby Robert back in June at 24 weeks gestation. I know a few women who have misscarried and they have experienced some heavy bleeding, cramping, and back pain, similar to periond symptoms. My best advice is to try to lay down and rest, and if it gets to hard to handle, call your doctor, but I think that those are normal syptoms you are having. Please keep us updated, and visit us often. Sending you lots of hugs.

pkrivard

Postby pkrivard » Sat Nov 04, 2006 03:19 pm

It sounds to me like you're miscarrying naturally- my doctor told me that if you soak a maxipad within 2 hrs you should go in to emerg as it could be hemorraging - if you are starting to pass mucous and tissue, it's the miscarriage beginning- personally, if you're concerned about the amount of blood, I'd go to the hospital just to be safe.

You're in my prayers,
Kerrie

bestbabegirl

Postby bestbabegirl » Sat Nov 04, 2006 02:29 pm

Hi guys...thanks for all your prayers and the support. Well as of right now like I wrote before I decided to stay home and let it go naturally. I got up today and my bed was full of blood, I sit in the toilet and is more and more bleeding but I dont see nothing coming out just blood. My sister told me to go to the hospital and get myself check..but the doc told me to stay home and rest and let it happen by itself. I have to go see him tuesday he said if there is need for a D&C; then he will glady send me to get it done. Meanwhile im here at home bleeding like crazy i got cramps and backpain. Is this normal? do you think I should stay home? Or should I go to the hospital? Please answer me ASAP

kathyc

Postby kathyc » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:57 pm

Kathy,

I am so sorry for your loss. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

darcynulph

Postby darcynulph » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:27 pm

Kathy-

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I recently lost a baby in September at 11 weeks as well and went through a D&C. Please feel free to send me an email if you would like to chat. Please, please know that this is not your fault. That is one thing my doctor drilled into my head. My thoughts are with you during this difficult time.

bestbabegirl

Postby bestbabegirl » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:01 pm

As I told you about my story that same day I found out about the baby. I went to the doctor to find out what was going to happen next. I spoke to a social worker. I was told by the nurse to come back 10.31.06 to see him. Today I went to see him I told him what has happened, he checked me and indeed confirmed what I already knew. 3 days ago I started bleeding not a lot but I was as of today is just a brownish color. He told me to just let my body release everything
(natural) and just to be ready for some physical pain and to come back within a wk. They also took blood tests; its just hard to sit rest and wait for it to happen. I feel much better now because it happened in early pregnancy than later on. I also found out there was a chromosomal problem and that it was a "Blighted Ovum" I just want to take time to feel better so that I could try again to get pregnant. My little girl is so lonely and she needs company. Any replies I would love and appreciate.

Thanks everyone for understand and for also having time to read my story.

Sincerely

Kathy

Ylhana born 7/23/06

jessiesmom

Postby jessiesmom » Tue Oct 31, 2006 01:44 pm

I am so sorry for your loss I suffered a m/c last year before I became pregnant with Alex, and I know that the natural process is to look for a reason why, unfortunately there is no clear answer as to why it happens, and I hope your partner stops laying blame on you and realizes that this happens to everyone at some point and some women do not even know they are pregnant when it happens.

Hugs

Tammy

pkrivard

Postby pkrivard » Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:12 am

Also, in our family, the 2 babies we miscarried are still very much a part of our family. We buried the remains at a cemetary in a little ceremony, we named the babies, and we talk about them all the time. We can't wait to meet them one day in heaven. I find that really helped my other children deal with this in a healthy way.

pkrivard

Postby pkrivard » Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:09 am

I am so sorry for your loss. I lost 2 babies in similar miscarraiges in the last 2 years, and just wanted to let you know to prepare yourself as best as you can emotionally for the end of the pregnancy (by D&C or natural). My endocrinologist told me that our progesterone levels are very high at that point in pregnancy, and after you deliver/miscarry they are abruptly cut off, causing symptoms similar to baby blues, or more severe like post-partum depression, on top of the emotional grief you have. So, if you feel really down, don't ignore it, and also know that there is an actual physical cause for it- it will get better.

Grief is something we can't go around, we have to go through, but you aren't alone. <<<big hugs>>>

jana m

Postby jana m » Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:37 am

Kathy,
I'm so sorry for your loss. Feel free to visit many of us over at the Grief and Loss Forum. We'd be happy to support you.

Return to “Ask the Experienced”