Protein in urine +3, bp up but not too high - PE?

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
fiona
Forum Moderator

Re : Protein in urine +3, bp up but not too high - PE?

Postby fiona » Mon Oct 16, 2006 05:35 pm

I would have to say that yes, I think you may well be on your way. +3 is a very high reading - but dipsticks are notoriously inaccurate. The rise in BP against your baseline, while not meeting the 140/90 criteria, is also extremely concerning to me.

Were any of your other births early or complicated with pe? If I were you, I'd be spending the time waiting for the results lying down on my left side and just resting as much as possible. The average time between a dx of pe and delivery is two weeks - many women exceed that, but at 30 weeks, I'd be asking teh Dr about steroid shots for the baby's lungs just in case. Also, if you start getting upper right quadrant pain, visual disturbances or just srat feeling 'off', I'd recommend a trip to L&D.

Good luck and please keep us posted.

pkrivard

Protein in urine +3, bp up but not too high - PE?

Postby pkrivard » Mon Oct 16, 2006 05:24 pm

I am 30 weeks along with #5 and at my last dr. appt, she told me that the urine test at my last 2 visits was +3. I just did a 24 hr urine and creatinine clearance ( results not back yet).

My BP is usually REALLY low, normal for me is 90/60. The last 2 visits it's been up around 120/70, 125/80, which is not in the Pre Eclamspia reange, but a big jump for me.

Is this the beginning of Pre-eclampsia, or something else?

Return to “Ask the Experienced”