is it indigestion?

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
amandah

Re : is it indigestion?

Postby amandah » Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:05 pm

thank you so much this site has been awesome

raspbeari

Postby raspbeari » Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:00 pm

those bp readings look pretty good. mine was often something like 150/105, sometimes higher I think.

I can relate to the feeling of knowing something was wrong. Also the docs treated me like I was some nut who kept calling and wouldn't leave them alone. I went to a group of obs, and saw a different one each time. A couple of them were concerned, others just really didn't take me seriously. I don't recommend this ob practice to people, and oddly it is thought of as one of the best ones where I live.
I think they thought it was my first pregnancy so I am just not familiar with how uncomfortable it can be to be pregnant? Maybe they are used to women complaining all the time to them, so they don't take it so seriously when one does?

If your pressures are good, maybe it could be your gallbladder like someone mentioned. I think gallbladder problems do happen more in pregnancy for some reason.

I don't know if I have any suggestions, except to go back and get checked if the pain gets worse, there are worse things than looking foolish or like a freaked out pregnant lady(which is how I think I appeared sometimes). I can tell you are very concerned, I will send good thoughts and prayers your way and hope you begin to feel better soon.

amandah

Postby amandah » Tue Oct 03, 2006 09:34 pm

i am 26wks4days and i have just been feeling ill each day gets a little worse and i am just miserable. i just dont know where to start.. i have been monitoring my bp today and its been 119/78 and 122/76, and then 119/76 but at the docters office its ben 130/82 all the way up to 142/78 which still isnt that bad but i dont know what i normally am?? i am just confused and my bf and my family just makes me feel like i am being a sissy and i shouldnt worry and i cant help it i just have a bad feeling and i have had his feeling for like 2months now and i dont know if its just me being paranoid or what any suggestions?

raspbeari

Postby raspbeari » Tue Oct 03, 2006 09:27 pm

what you describe is similar to what I felt. For at least 2 weeks they kept sending me home saying not to worry I had indigestion and to take zantac. But my blood pressures were high too, but sometimes only at night. That may be why they didn't take my symptoms so seriously.
My labs didn't show anything much right away.

my other symptoms were seeing spots, 5lb weight gain over a few days when I was barely able to eat. gums and nose bled. high bp. horrible pain between ribs in front. then some nights horrible pain in midback. vomiting, but this was right before I went downhill fast.
Just keep your eye on the symptom list for pe. My obs didn't take my symptoms seriously, and I'm still a bit perplexed why they acted this way with me.
I hope I didn't make you worry more, I guess I get overly concerned when I hear someone with some similarities in their symptoms.
I think that if your bp is good then that is probably a good sign.

How far along are you now?

first time

Postby first time » Tue Oct 03, 2006 09:17 pm

if your pregnant please get another opinion because i have pain on the top of my stomach and i also took maalox. it turned out to be preelampsia. i liver enzymes where not elevated at first. but repeated test showed an increase.if your not pregnant still get to the bottom of your pain.

khailibowen

Postby khailibowen » Tue Oct 03, 2006 07:51 pm

I'd ask about the gall bladder as well. When I first presented with upper abdominal pain and my tests of the liver came back good they immediately asked about the gall bladder, but I do not have one, but was told gall bladder issues can be very common during pregnancy. For me, my pain ended up being very major GERD and I was put on a prescription pill for it. They did test for this and all other things as well first. I'd ask for more tests for sure.

akemt

Postby akemt » Tue Oct 03, 2006 07:07 pm

Oy, Amanda, I'd be confused too!

First, I'm glad they checked your kidneys and liver and that everything came back okay --that is our biggest concern about such symptoms in relation to preeclampsia. Still, it doesn't help to make the symptoms go away at all, does it!?!

Since it sounds like they've ruled out the nasty of nasties, after my own experiences in pregnancy, I'd wonder if they thought to check your gallbladder (obviously assuming you've still got one) as well? Gallbladder problems, usually caused by gallstones, can cause a fair number of the symptoms you've described and are quite common in pregnancy. My personal experience with gallbladder pain sounds very much like the pain you've described. And, it can be diagnosed with a simple ultrasound of your gallbladder and the surrounding ducts.

I am not a doctor by any means, but if I were in your shoes, I'd ask my doctor to check for gallstones as another possible cause of your concerns.

Again, I'm sorry for the confusion...it must be quite worrysome! Best wishes,

amandah

is it indigestion?

Postby amandah » Tue Oct 03, 2006 06:28 pm

well i have had this constant itch on my legs mainly; to the point where i make myself bleed so the docter did some tests on what i guess is my liver and kidneys which she said came back normal. I have had a horrible constant headache for 5 days now and last night i started out with this pain at the top of my belly and the doc said it was indigestion and to take pepcid for it. today it started out with the same symptoms but through out the day it slowly moved from front center to the right and around to my back it just aches. I asked if that was a cause for concern and she said no to just take pepcid around the clock and maalox every 4to6 hours and see if that helps. should i be worried or should i just go with it? Also i was put on macrobid for a UTI and than last night the docter said i didnt have one and to stop taking the macrobid. What could have been in my urine at the hospital that they thought it was a UTI? I am so confused.

Return to “Ask the Experienced”