Very bad news, we need your prayers

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
hannahsmom

Re : Very bad news, we need your prayers

Postby hannahsmom » Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:45 pm

Oh, Catherine - what good news [:)]

I've been checking everyday for updates. The docs said when Hannah was born she was the size of a 21 or 22 weeker, and she was actually 26 weeks and five days. (She weighed less than a pound in the delivery room, but was 1.1 when weighed in the NICU with her wires so that is her official weight.) Now my little munchkin is the tallest kid in her kindergarten class! Your doctor is right - there is hope! I am happy for your good news.

akemt

Postby akemt » Wed Oct 04, 2006 09:16 pm

Did I miss something? Did we find out if "Sam" is a boy or girl? I thought we were still cheering for team yellow! Or is this an either/or name? Just wondering if I'm spacing out...

I'm SO glad that you're getting some positive news and getting settled into that hospital room. Let's hope you get a private one soon, eh? I'm glad to hear about the fluid and the growth --may it continue and only improve.

Sending my prayers, Catherine.

ladybug76135

Postby ladybug76135 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 09:08 pm

I am very pleased with your news. At 24 weeks, your baby really isn't expected to be that reactive so don't let the non-reactive strip bother you. I was told repeatedly with Allan that they really don't start getting reactive until around 28 weeks.

Sam, you behave and don't stress your Mommy out too much!

Robyn
Allan 10-2-03 @ 28 weeks due to severe PE
Jacob 1-1-06 @ 37 weeks, chronic hypertension and GD

paige_va

Postby paige_va » Wed Oct 04, 2006 08:13 pm

Catherine,
Glad to hear some good news! You and your family continue to be in my prayers. Grow, baby, grow!

froggie89

Postby froggie89 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 07:42 pm

Catherine, Thanks for the update. What an amazing lady you are. Still saying prayers for you and baby. Keep growing little one! Keep us posted when you can! Lots of hugs and love coming your way!!

kathyc

Postby kathyc » Wed Oct 04, 2006 06:23 pm

I am so glad to hear some good news!! I check in every day to see how you and you baby are doing. You are in my thoughts and prayers daily.

One of my Sunday School teachers once said that every single prayer that goes up to Heaven gets sent staight back down, like an arrow, to attack the problem and to help the person who the prayer is for. So, the more prayers the better. Must be true....

season
Forum Moderator

Postby season » Wed Oct 04, 2006 02:33 pm

Catherine,

So glad things are looking good so far. Take it one day at a time!

jana m

Postby jana m » Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:32 am

Catherine,
I know you can do this!! Your little one is fighting so hard and you are doing everything you can to keep him/her safe. Being in the hospital will be difficult at times, I'm sure, but think of the peace of mind you'll have knowing that you and baby are being watched so closely.

If there is anything you need while in the hospital, let us know. We are supporting you all the way!

heather j
Forum Moderator

Postby heather j » Wed Oct 04, 2006 09:04 am

We're all so glad to hear you're getting a little good news. Continued prayers for you and Sam!

mommajo

Postby mommajo » Wed Oct 04, 2006 08:54 am

I think that is wonderful news, and all these prayers are working. I am continuing to pray for you and Sam.

Return to “Ask the Experienced”