needing help

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
raykomira

Re : needing help

Postby raykomira » Sat May 23, 637665 7:58 am

Yes immediately to labor and delivery and do a urine test for protein. Please, just go fast and let them do the blood and urine test immediately. What do you mean they can't see you, this is an emergency.
Best wishes
RaykoMira

atanya

Postby atanya » Mon May 11, 637665 6:45 pm

Here here, agreeing completely!
Good luck!

caryn
Forum Moderator

Postby caryn » Sat May 02, 637665 1:17 pm

I am just chiming in to agree with everyone else.

Yes, this definitely could be preeclampsia. Pain in the upper abdomen, headache, and visual disturbances are all signs of severe PE. In your shoes I would absolutely head in to L&D and get checked out tonight. How many weeks along are you?

Here's a link to our Signs and Symptoms page:
http://www.preeclampsia.org/symptoms.asp

Please let us know what happens.

onfaith

Postby onfaith » Sat May 02, 637665 10:45 am

Just wanted to share what the other ladies have already said....head to labor and delivery immediately!!! The symptoms you have described are definitely to be taken seriously and the doctors and hospital should see you IMMEDIATELY. If they don't do it, request a full blood panel.

Good luck - praying for you. Please keep us posted. How far along are you?

mada

Postby mada » Sat May 02, 637665 10:15 am

You absolutely should head over to labor and delivery. Upper abdominal pain, the headaches, and blurry vision warrant a trip there tonight. I would hope that you would have blood tests drawn to check your liver and kidney function. Please head in Asap. I am not trying to scare you, But like Nicole said, better safe than sorry.

misscoleyp

Postby misscoleyp » Sat May 02, 637665 10:07 am

Please go to the Labor and Delivery at your hospital and get checked out. Don't wait for the dr's appointment.

It is better to be safe than sorry.

Keep us updated!
-Nicole

emchix83

needing help

Postby emchix83 » Sat May 02, 637665 9:50 am

I have had high blood pressure since I was 13 weeks pregnant. I was doing fine until just recently. I started to have severe pain in my upper abdomen. My doctor does not know what is going on. He did a test to see if I would deliver soon and it came back positive. I still am having pains. Yesterday I was vomiting alot. I feel fine kind of just in alot of pain when I walk and move. I hurt when some touchs me in my upper abdomen. I am confused and cant get any answers from my doctor. Could this be preclampsia. I am not swelling, or gaining weight. I have had a lot of headaches, blurried vision, seeing problems. I just want some answers before I have a preterm baby. Please if anyone has any advice please let me know. i cant get an early appointment for my materal doctor until this next week. But what happens if I have it earlier. Thanks Emily

Return to “Ask the Experienced”