Swelling after PE

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
season
Forum Moderator

Re : Swelling after PE

Postby season » Sat Jun 03, 2006 01:34 am

I'm not sure if that is normal or not. I know that blood voulme increases in pregnancy and it has to go back down after. Maybe this is part of that preocess needing to be complete? Has she tried support hose? Thay are supposed to improve circulation in the legs and therefore reduce swelling.

julie f

Re : Swelling after PE

Postby julie f » Fri Jun 02, 2006 02:25 pm

Uday,

I am so sorry for the loss of your little girl, so very sorry.

I didn't really experience any issues with postpartum swelling but my peri and discussed it prior to delivery and he said that if it came up, he would prescribe a diuretic. I am sure that it is different from patient to patient but it may be something you want to bring up with your doctor.

Again, I am so sorry for your loss.

usandbhor

Swelling after PE

Postby usandbhor » Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:20 am

Dear All,

I just need little help here again regarding aftermath of PE. As some of you might know that we lost our baby girl in 24th wk because of severe PE. All the swelling, high BP and other things came back to normal roughly a week after delivery. One thing bothering me and my wife after more than 2 months now, is she had this swelling on her both lower legs (front-side) below knees and above ankles so as if I press my finger on that it leaves a deep indent there for 10-15 seconds. We asked our family doctor and also the gynecologist about it and both of them feels it is normal and it will take about 3-6 months to be normal. I am just worried, is it OK leave this swelling untreated and wait. We will appreciate if somebody on this forum gives us more information about this.

Uday

Return to “Ask the Experienced”