Swelling after PE

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
lgw

Re : Swelling after PE

Postby lgw » Sun Mar 26, 2006 04:24 pm

Uday,
Sorry for your loss. I lost my son at 21 wks. in 2003. The swelling and breast tenderness are normal. They both subside w/ time.

lilmomo1

Postby lilmomo1 » Sun Mar 26, 2006 02:38 pm

Uday,
The leaking of milk is normal after delivery. I had the same thing and my doctor said it could take 3-6 weeks for this to stop. She also said the important thing is to leave the breasts alone because the more "pressing" done will only stimulate more milk to be produced. The fluid will dry out on its own. I hope this information helps you.

be well

usandbhor

Postby usandbhor » Sun Mar 26, 2006 02:27 pm

Laura,thanks a lot for your support and very sorry to hear about your daughter, ours was daughter too. My wife is more worried about breast tenderness, she has some colostrum/milk coming out off her breast when pressed, is this need to be taken care? Pl. help if you can with your experience.
Thanks!
Uday

lilmomo1

Postby lilmomo1 » Sun Mar 26, 2006 02:10 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss. My husband and I lost our little girl 3 weeks ago today. It is still so hard to believe.
I had severe swelling for almost 2 weeks after surgery which was completely normal. Abdominal pain and swelling can last anywhere from 6 months to a year according to my doctor.
Physically, I hope your wife starts feeling better soon. I wish it was so easy for the emotional healing.

Be strong and know that support is abundant here.

usandbhor

Swelling after PE

Postby usandbhor » Sun Mar 26, 2006 01:31 pm

We lost our baby at 24th week due to PE. My wife had lot swelling/edema which is tapering slowly as the doctor said. She also had some breast tenderness. Pl. post any suggestion/comments if you experienced similar will of great help.

Thanks!!!!!

Return to “Ask the Experienced”