Need some advice...!!!!!!!!

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
lyndsey

Re : Need some advice...!!!!!!!!

Postby lyndsey » Mon Mar 20, 2006 07:47 pm

So glad to see that you are going to see someone else. I hope everything is alright for you. Please let keep us posted.

misskris8696

Postby misskris8696 » Mon Mar 20, 2006 04:05 pm

Tiffany,
I'm glad that you have taken steps to get in touch with a new doctor. As an R.N. and a fellow pe sufferer, I cannot stress enough how important it is to be comfortable with the care you are getting. You have enough on your mind right now. Keep your chin up girl, you are in my thoughts and prayers.
~Kristen

mamasboys

Postby mamasboys » Mon Mar 20, 2006 03:17 pm

Well I got in contact with someone from a high risk clinic and they gave me the name and number to a special high risk doctor so im going to be giving them a call asap!

meg hanrahan

Postby meg hanrahan » Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:42 am

I agree with Julie that you should get a copy of your medical records from your previous ob and then I would find another doctor. Although I don't plan on having another baby, I got all my records from my obs before I moved from CA to DC. You never know when you might need them. Good luck and keep us posted.

julie f

Postby julie f » Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:14 am

Oh my goodness, she doesn't care to get your previous records?? No, I don't think you're going over board at all, not one bit... With your history, you are a high-risk patient and your care should reflect that.

Do you happen to have a copy of your medical records from the last two pregnancies? If not, I'd call and get that them sent to you as soon as possible, you'll want to have them for when you're able to get in to the high risk. If I were in your shoes, I'd call that high-risk ofc again if you don't hear from them on Monday. Also, are you monitoring your bps at home? It'd be good to take a log into the high-risk's ofc.

You're doing the right thing by getting you and baby the monitoring that you deserve.

Please keep us posted.

caryn
Forum Moderator

Postby caryn » Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:02 am

Do let us know what the high-risk OBs say this week.

I'm sorry you're dealing with this!

leahannj

Postby leahannj » Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:57 pm

I switched OB's at 28 weeks with this pregnancy. It was the best thing I could have done. I'm sorry the high risk doc is so far away. But maybe even a "regular" OB who listens to you and takes your concerns seriously would still help a lot. Good luck!

mamasboys

Postby mamasboys » Sun Mar 19, 2006 07:20 pm

There are not many OB doctors offices in this area. There are high risk doctors about 30 min away and im looking into that at the time. I called a high risk office for help so hopefully they can get back to me this week. I have told her many times they I saw a high risk doctor with my last pregnancy along with a regular ob doctor and have told her about all my problems. She doesn't care to get my records and she just doesn't seem to care about anything else that's every going on with me... Do you think im just going over board?

melissam

Postby melissam » Sun Mar 19, 2006 07:12 pm

Are there other doctors in the area you can see? If not, I would sit down with this doctor and explain your concerns. Perhaps you have already done this. Is this doctor a high risk doc? I am not sure what your options are. What have you already said to this particular doctor.

I am sorry you are having troubles with her. I hope you are able to get it straightened out or switch soon.

tracym

Postby tracym » Sun Mar 19, 2006 06:29 pm

Definitely switch dr's if you can.

Good luck.

Return to “Ask the Experienced”