Best Blood Pressure Moniter to Buy?

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
satori

Re : Best Blood Pressure Moniter to Buy?

Postby satori » Fri Mar 10, 2006 04:02 pm

Thanks ladies, I've decided to get the model you reccomended!

countrymom2e

Postby countrymom2e » Tue Mar 07, 2006 02:04 pm

Have to ditto the previous post - I just bought an Omron, based on the Consumer Reports review, and I love it. It is very easy to use, the cuff can stay *sized* for me so I just slip it on, plug in the base, push On, then Start, and it takes my BP in a few seconds.

I found I check my BP now several times a day (I'm on bedrest for GH), and can quickly monitor if I am doing too much, sitting up too much, etc. I have the 711 (I think?) model.

excitedmommietobe

Postby excitedmommietobe » Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:23 pm

I recommend an Omron brand monitor. I couldnt find a good one in stores (most are wrist monitors these days which arent as accurate) so I bought off the website omronhealthcare.com. The shipping was fast and I havent had any problems with it, no calibration issues or anything. I have the HEM-773AC, it is really nice because the cuff is shaped like your arm and is sturdy allowing you to easily put it on by yourself (kinda hard to explain...its like there is a rounded metal piece in part of the cuff the easily wraps around your arm)!! The memory feature is a plus as well!! I did just check out the website and it looks like you have to buy the monitors through other websites now (CVS, Costco, etc...) but if you go to the omron website then just click on 'where to buy' and it will show the websites and stores where all the models are sold. I have family and friends with other Omron models so any arm cuff model should be great!! Good Luck!

satori

Best Blood Pressure Moniter to Buy?

Postby satori » Mon Mar 06, 2006 09:42 pm

Things are going up an down here but so far as long as I remember to take my mag/potassium things seem to be doing well. Financially were in deep trouble here since I couldn't go to school this semester which bring in enough to pay the bills and I will be starting a month long temp job tomorrow, as far as I know most of it will be sitting down but its an 8-5 gig. I'll make enough money to pull us out of this mess, at least I hope I will. I'm a single mom by choice so there no DH I can make get a 2nd job. Anyway, because of the hours I will not have easy access to quick BP checks and I thought my best bet would be to just buy one but I have no idea what to get! I have no idea how to use those old fashioned ones so probably need a digital but what brand? Model?

Return to “Ask the Experienced”