Scared!!!

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
tracym

Re : Scared!!!

Postby tracym » Thu Dec 30, 637649 9:48 pm

Good luck :)

The induction will depend on how favourable you are and how stable your pressure is. Mine was not successful, but my dr mentioned something about me having a "cervix of steel". I have heard of many women with PE having successful inductions.

I wish you all the best.

excitedmommietobe

Postby excitedmommietobe » Thu Dec 30, 637649 7:28 pm

I TOTALLY understand!! Im being induced on Mon due to my PIH and I have the same fear of not progressing and needing the c-section!! But there are lots of success stories so hopefully we will both have successful inductions!! Good Luck to you!!

lyndsey

Postby lyndsey » Thu Dec 30, 637649 7:15 pm

Hi Christina! Like I just told Noel, obviously it does happen sometimes where an induction doesn't go as planned and you have to get a c/s. But, it doesn't happen as often as it sounds, and its completely possible to go through the birth with high bp and manage to avoid a c/s. It took me 10 hours of drugs and contractions to dialate to 1 cm with high bp and still had a vaginal birth. I hope it goes well for you. Good luck on Wednesday! Please keep us posted.

babyluvs

Scared!!!

Postby babyluvs » Thu Dec 30, 637649 6:58 pm

Hi Everyone,
On Wednesday evening I am going to be induced due to PIH. This is my first pregnancy and I will 38 weeks on Wednesday. My BP keeps getting higher and higher at every appointment. I am so freaked out. I have heard several horror stories about being put on Pitocin and blood pressure going up and having a C-Sec. I know when I first get there Wedneday Evening they are going to use the gel then Thursday start the Pitocin. I am on Atenonol which is wonderful and has helped alot-Why is my Bp/pulse still elevating? Please someone put my mind at ease My blood pressure is probably really high just because of all the worrying I have been doing. Could someone give me some truth to induction. Thanks and sorry this is so long. [:)]

Return to “Ask the Experienced”