Paranoid or in trouble?

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
youtan

Re : Paranoid or in trouble?

Postby youtan » Sat Jan 22, 637650 9:22 am

Did they do a full PIH blood panel - ie check your liver functions? You mentioned white blood count and the MWC (I tried to look this up, with no luck), but not other PIH blood tests.

W wish you a speedy delivery and hope that you'll be ready in no time to safely have you baby!!! I know you are anxious. Glad you went in for the BPP and glad the baby is doing wonderful! Let us know when the big day comes!!!

melissam

Postby melissam » Sat Jan 22, 637650 3:20 am

Hang in there and just keep on top of your symptoms things can change in just a matter of hours. It did for me. I am glad that they are keeping a closer eye on you. When do you meet with the doctors next?

Did he say anything about having you be on bed rest? Where you know how your body reacts to resting, I would try to do that as much as possible.

Thanks for the update. It won't be long now. I hope that your contractions get to going really good now and you won't need to worry about an induction. [:)]

wcarder

Postby wcarder » Sat Jan 22, 637650 3:10 am

I'm just reading this for the first time. This must be so scary for you. I hope your doc decides to induce and soon..... In the meantime, stay on your left side and don't lift a finger!!!! Keep us updated when you can. You will be in my thoughts.....

kblum

Postby kblum » Sat Jan 22, 637650 2:26 am

The Dr. admitted me for another 24 hour urine and to monitor the baby. I got back home last night. My protein was up from a week ago, but not over 300 yet (obviously I'm just waiting for it to go up, it just seems inevitable), and my urinary output was low for my input, but my blood test was okay (WBC a little high at 15 and MWC a litle low [I have no idea what MWC is though!]). He upped my meds from 125 mg methyldopa 3x/day to 250 mg 3x/day. The baby looked great in the hospital both on the monitor and the BPP ultrasound. I asked about inducing rather than waiting for the worst and the Dr. said that I'm not technically term until 37 weeks on Friday (even though the baby is almost 7 lbs., his foot is over 7 cm long, and he has shown great lung movement on all his BPP's). He said that he needs to talk with his partners about inducing me and that it's not that easy as my cervix needs to be ready to be induced. I've been having contractions since 2:00 yesterday (every 1/2 hr) so maybe my cervix is getting ready! I still fear the worse, as I had vision floaters when my husband and I were having dinner last night and then my BP was 146/96. It seems that my BP is fine so long as I'm lying down, but as soon as I'm functioning in the least, it rises. It's very frustrating. Thank you for all of your advice, and well wishes.

lizzybeth

Postby lizzybeth » Sun Jan 09, 637650 1:31 am

Hi K,

I hope that you are deliverying a baby!

Update soon, we are a bunch of nervous internet aunties hgere and worry about Mom's and wee ones...
lizzybeth

melissam

Postby melissam » Wed Dec 29, 637649 8:23 pm

Just checking to see if you have updated yet. I hope things go well for you today. I hope to see a birth announcement from you very soon.

excitedmommietobe

Postby excitedmommietobe » Wed Dec 29, 637649 3:49 pm

Glad to hear you are going to see your doctor. You are definately not stupid for just wanting to be induced and hold that baby in your arms...Im in that same boat. I am due a week after you and have struggled with PIH since 22 weeks, and am starting to show signs of PE as of last Wed...increased bp, increased protein, pain in right side and shoulder. I have an appt this afternoon and am going to ask my dr not to let me go much longer because I dont want to wait for the PE to come on strong and then be in an emergency delivery situation!! Dont feel stupid at all!! Keep us updated!!

missgamecock

Postby missgamecock » Wed Dec 29, 637649 12:59 pm

A little late here, but glad to see that you called your doc. You are past 36 weeks, so that's golden. I wouldn't be surprised to see a birth announcement here!

lorelei

Postby lorelei » Wed Dec 29, 637649 12:55 pm

Glad that you are going in as well. Please update as soon as you can.

mom2tori

Postby mom2tori » Wed Dec 29, 637649 11:43 am

I am so glad that you are going in!!! And it is not stupid of you to want this over with...I think that we all have been in those shoes some time or another. You are past 36 weeks so that in itself is a great achievement! Try to focus on being that far already! I am going to guess and of course I am not a doc, but I am going to guess that the end is in sight for you. Good luck today at the doc and who knows....maybe you will be seeing that baby sooner than you thought.

Return to “Ask the Experienced”