Paranoid or in trouble?

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
mikeys mom

Re : Paranoid or in trouble?

Postby mikeys mom » Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:44 am

I am late but wanted to know how things were going. Hope all is well with you Karen!

lucy

Postby lucy » Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:04 am

Karen,
I am a little late here but just wanted to add my welcome. Hope you have that little one in your arms soon, good luck.

lorelei

Postby lorelei » Mon Jan 30, 2006 08:59 am

Karen, I think you will find the forums quite addicting!!! LOL..I know I do..hehe

I'm sorry that you are still having trouble w/your bp even w/upped medication. I will say that I was on Aldomet (can't remember how much, but I know it was the most they could do of it) and at 36 weeks neither the medication nor bedrest would control the bp so they induced and I delivered at 37 wks on the nose. You are so close and baby should be just fine at this point. I'd definetely talk about induction!!

Let us know!

kblum

Postby kblum » Mon Jan 30, 2006 06:38 am

I love the forums. I feel like I've made a new circle of friends. Anyway, my meds have been doubled for the last week and I'm still running BP's in the 150's over 90's, with swollen ankles and mild headaches. My Dr. said to not worry about calling until I'm 165/105. I might not call, but I still worry. My next U/S, BPP, NST, and Dr. appt is Tuesday so I'll ask about inducing vs. waiting and worrying.

knsaylor23

Postby knsaylor23 » Sat Jan 28, 2006 02:53 pm

Hi Karen, Just wanted to add my welcome. And to check in on you. Keep us posted.

excitedmommietobe

Postby excitedmommietobe » Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:15 am

Hi Karen,

Just wondering how you are doing and if you got anywhere with your Dr?? Hope all is well and that you are delivering that baby soon if you havent all ready!!

Update when you can!!

julie f

Postby julie f » Thu Jan 26, 2006 00:08 am

Karen,

I just wanted to welcome you, I'm jumping on to the thread rather late but, am so glad to see that you've been to the doctor's.

Did your doctor say when he would get back to you about the induction? Also did he give you a number (bp levels) to call in at?

I hope that all those contractions are getting baby ready to come. I know what you mean about the relief of holding baby in your arms instead of waiting for the other shoe to drop... My son was due on February 15th and came on January 24th - he did GREAT. I pray that you'll be having the same outcome very SOON! In the meantime, please don't hesitate to head straight to L&D if your symptoms progress.

Please keep us posted.

kblum

Postby kblum » Wed Jan 25, 2006 08:49 pm

Fiona - Yes, the Dr. knows that I'm doing so much driving. Regretfully we live out of district for school and to make things worse - the highway that usually makes it a 20 minute drive (one way) is washed out (supposedly for another week). The nurse at the hosp. said to find someone else to drive - but that isn't real feasible with the road being out. If things get worse - I'll get my son's schoolwork and homeschool until baby is delivered. My stepson can always just stay at his moms in that case. But all of that would bite - so as I said, I'll bring my blanket & pillow and camp out if necessary! Thank you for your concern.

fiona
Forum Moderator

Postby fiona » Wed Jan 25, 2006 08:41 pm

Karen,

when you say bedrest - does your Dr know that you're doing so much driving? I'm very concerned that you may be overdoing things - not least if you're going into labour. I was on methyldopa in my first two pregnancies and I remember it made me feel very vague and fuzzy - I certainly wasn't up to driving.

'It seems that my BP is fine so long as I'm lying down, but as soon as I'm functioning in the least, it rises'

Says it all, really. I'm very glad to hear that the baby is doing so well - and that a delivery may be imminent - but please take great care. PE and PIH can progress very quickly. Is there any way you could get someone else to do teh school run?

kblum

Postby kblum » Wed Jan 25, 2006 07:40 pm

I don't know what blood work they did. I do know that I've been on bed rest for the past 2 weeks. The state of my house is driving me crazy. My husband gets things done - but not on MY SCHEDULE! Last week I would help whenever I got out of bed. I don't think that I'll be helping anymore. Today has been a blessing - no kids to chauffeur. Tomorrow I'll have to get one son to school by 7:40 (45 min drive) and then pick him up at 2:15 and the next one up at 3:00. I plan to bring a really warm blanket & pillow in the car so that I can curl up on the backseat if my BP is up when we get to school! Thanks for the replies - I'll keep you posted.

Return to “Ask the Experienced”