New here, wanted to introduce myself.

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
lizzybeth

Re : New here, wanted to introduce myself.

Postby lizzybeth » Tue Feb 01, 637650 4:27 am

Hi Cheri,

Just wqanted to let you know that we have a forum dedicated to "Trying To Conceive", just in case you'd like some company.

Baby Dust to you,
lizzybeth

mommytoluke

Postby mommytoluke » Mon Jan 10, 637650 7:25 pm

Thanks for all the advice!

As for the Nipple Guards=yep, we tried that for weeks, and it just was a no go for Luke. But, now that I'm much more educated now, I will be doing things differently when it comes to breastfeeding our next little one. Plus, I have been hearing that first pregnancies that are boys are harder on a woman's body. I didn't know that! Plus, being that I'm only 4'11", it doesn't take much to put strain on my body.

I am going to consult my regular NP and have her refer me to a high risker. We haven't been ready to have another child yet, since Luke has some serious speech delays. However, he is starting to make some huge progress and decided the time is right!

Thanks again!

arene

Postby arene » Thu Nov 25, 637649 11:28 am

Hi Cheri,
You have received some great advice so far. I wish I had known about those latch-on thingies with my 33 weeker. I just wanted to let you know that I had dd at 33 weeks due to chronic hypertension, severe pe, IUGR...and then got severe ppd and was on Paxil for 4 years. Almost 7 years later I had a 39 week 8lb.3oz. ds, chronic hypertension, no pe until delivery, and no ppd (yipee). The point is, every situation and pregnancy is different. Do your research, consult with a peri, talk to your husband, and pray! Best of luck!

lizzybeth

Postby lizzybeth » Thu Nov 25, 637649 3:42 am

Howdy Cheri!

Welcome Aboard [:)]

Everyone has given you wonderful information, I only have 3 things to add:

1. There is a pliable plastic nipple gaurd that can help the little babies latch on. I have used it for my last 2 babes, first 2 couldn't be bothered to latch. It is made by both the 2 big manufacturers of breast pumps

2. there are many antidepressants that are classified as safe for use in the 2nd and 3rd trimester. I've had PPD and have successfully averted future episode by going on meds before delivery

and

3. WELCOME!

lizzybeth

mom2tori

Postby mom2tori » Sun Nov 14, 637649 9:09 am

Adding my welcome! Good luck with the decision whether or not to add another baby to your family.

lorelei

Postby lorelei » Sun Nov 14, 637649 8:22 am

Welcome Cheri. The other ladies have given you good information. I just wanted to chime in as well. I am not a dr (nor do I play one on tv..lol) but I would recommend that you consult with a high risk ob (perinatalogist). They will review your records from your previous pregnancy, do some baseline blood work and baseline blood pressure and possibly urine readings as well. They will also go over the "game plan" for how your pregnancy will be managed. I was diagnosed with p/e at 24 weeks in my first pregnancy. (it turned out fine as I was one of those that responded to bedrest) In my 2nd pregnancy I was put on aspirin and bp meds at the start of my 2nd trimester and I made it to 32 weeks before I spilled protein. I was monitored very closely. I was extremely happy with the care that I received. Best of luck to you. If you need a link to some high risk obs just let me know and I will get it for you.

thw75

Postby thw75 » Sun Nov 14, 637649 5:52 am

Hello and welcome. Its very scary imagining having another one. I'm at 26 1/2 weeks now and am seeing some warning signs and I'm freaking out. The only consolation is being better informed the second time around. How lucky your little guy did so well! You will find lots of good info here. Taryn

cassie05

Postby cassie05 » Sat Nov 13, 637649 7:15 pm

Hi and welcome. I just wanted to say good for you to continue pumping for so long! I pumped for 13 months as well [:D] Definaly hard work but worth it! Congrats on having such a healthy little one. The decision to get pregnant again is definatly a hard decision. Your best bet is to have a preconception consult with a peri or high risk ob and discuss the care you would recieve. Best wishes

kdreher

Postby kdreher » Sat Nov 13, 637649 7:03 pm

HI Cheri,
Well I am happy to read that Luke is a healthy little one. As for the statistics regarding getting PE again, I think many of us here would agree that they are just that. I had severe pe and HELLP at 26 wks, two seizures, lost my son when he was two weeks old and 10 yrs later I am told I have a 30-40% chance of getting some form of PE. I think there are some unanswered questions and we aren't sure if we'll get it or not. Some ladies here have gone on to have successful pregnancies after severe PE and HELLP and have had PE free pregnancies, believe it or not. If you look around you will see that there is a lot of information and support here. Welcome!

mommytoluke

New here, wanted to introduce myself.

Postby mommytoluke » Sat Nov 13, 637649 4:57 pm

Hi, I'm cheri. I had pre-e with my little one, Luke. I was diagnosed/induced at 32 wks, however I had been having symptoms since about 18 weeks. My doc never saw it as pre-e, and I didn't know anything about it.

After having Luke and reading up, I realized how lucky I was to not get severe until 32 wks (I couldn't wear any shoes at that point, I was so swollen!).

Luckily, Luke was a healthy little *. He was 4lbs, 1oz. at birth and only lost about 5 oz. after birth. He was in the NICU (Minneapolis Children's) for one week and then was transferred to the Level II nursery closer to home. He was there for three weeks. He was on the vent for about 9 hours and was healthy from then on, he just needed to get bigger and learn to eat.

I was 21 when I had Luke, it was very scary. Since he couldn't eat, I had to pump every three hours for him, and in the end, he would never take the breast, so I ended up pumping for him for 13 months. I must say, I truly belive that is the only reason he has NEVER been sick to this day. Other than a case of the sniffles, the only fever he has ever had was a reaction to a vaccine.

Anyhoo, I just wanted to introduce myself. And also ask:

We are thinking about trying for another baby, however I see that my chances for getting it again are about 60%.[:(] It's not looking good. Plus, I had severe Post Partun Depression, and I'm still on meds for it. We want another baby so badly, but is the risk too much?

Return to “Ask the Experienced”