News about ExcitedMommieToBe (i.e. Noel)

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
lucy

Re : News about ExcitedMommieToBe (i.e. Noel)

Postby lucy » Thu Nov 25, 637649 8:15 pm

Good luck, hang in there and keep us updated and like lizzybeth mentioned we have the bedresters forum too which might be helpful.

Hope the bps stay down.

lizzybeth

Postby lizzybeth » Thu Nov 25, 637649 5:35 am

Hi Noel,

Sorry I'm finding this so late. I wanted to make sure that you know that we have a forum just for bedresters...yup, lots of posts on what you can do while in bed, companionship, humor and other Mom's that will give you those gentle reminders to stay in bed [:D]

Oh, and we get silly and have lots of fun too, helps maintain one's sanity. Here is the link to the forum:
http://www.preeclampsia.org/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=24

Hope all those BP and dips are staying down,
lizzybeth

lorelei

Postby lorelei » Sun Nov 14, 637649 8:33 am

Thanks for the update. Glad that things seem pretty stable at this point. Good luck bedresting. Like I said before I did it for 13 weeks in my first pregnancy (weeks 24-36). It was no bed of roses. I only was allowed up for potty and shower. I had to eat laying down. It was rough. I could get up to pee and my bp would be thru the roof. Towards the end it got harder and harder for bedrest to control it and I was having a few braxton hicks one day and was quite uncomfortable so I sat on the side of the bed a lot and bp shot up pretty high and stayed that way til after delivery. They were very concerned bc it was 180/120 and pretty much not budging. Keep us posted on how you do.

thw75

Postby thw75 » Sun Nov 14, 637649 6:07 am

Glad to hear you are doing well at home. Keep that baby cooking!

meredith

Postby meredith » Sun Nov 14, 637649 12:06 am

Well take it easy, and get lots of rest on your left side. keep us posted. I think we are do around the same time. i am 2/21/06.

excitedmommietobe

Postby excitedmommietobe » Sat Nov 13, 637649 7:28 pm

Sorry I didnt update sooner...took forever to get results last night (poor communication between nurses at shift change)...by the time we did get them, my dr just decided to keep me overnight until he could see me this morning! I was frustrated with how hard my hubby and I had to work to get them to call the lab for the results, and by the time I found out I was there for the night I just wanted to sleep!

Anyways...the results of the 24hr were 385mg...not the best, but not too bad either. My dr was quite pleased but will be watching carefully, probably repeating 24hr next week. All of my bw came back normal on Tuesday and my pressures have all been way down...100-115/55-70 and so my dr decided I could come home on strict bedrest...WOOHOO!! He upped my meds from 250mg to 500mg twice a day. I am to check my pressures 4 times a day, and only be up for bathroom, shower, and meals. He also had the hospital send me home with urine dips so I can watch for any drastic changes from day to day. It will be tough to stay in bed...I already had to scold myself for sitting at my desk to organize the bills and made myself lay down!! Good thing for my laptop so Ill still be able to visit the site regularly!

Well I have to schedule an appt for Monday so hopefully things will be quiet between now and then...but I will be watching myself carefully for any changes!!

Thanks for all the support and well wishes!!

forlogan

Postby forlogan » Sat Nov 13, 637649 8:02 am

Ladies,
I saw Noel yesterday and she looks wonderful....I don't have much to update. I was actually hoping she would have posted the results of her 24/hr urine tests. I saw her shortly after they took it to the lab...haven't heard the outcome. Noel says her bp has stayed down for the most part and she was hoping to be released last night. Doctor has not mentioned PE yet so that's a good sign. She says the pain in her back and abdomen is still there, but didn't say it was unbearable...good news too!

I will keep you all updated as best I can. I'm sure she is so appreciative of all your support.

lorelei

Postby lorelei » Fri Nov 12, 637649 9:27 pm

Thanks for the updates ladies. I responded well to bedrest too. I was on bedrest for 13 weeks~ACK~but it worked for me. Hope you will get the same results when you get home!

Keep us updated!

mikeys mom

Postby mikeys mom » Fri Nov 12, 637649 9:00 pm

That is great that you are getting the attention you deserve. Strict bedrest isn't the greatest but it isn't the worst thing in the world and it is definitely worth it if it could keep that little bundle inside longer! Plus you have all of us to keep you company so hopefully that will allow things to go quicker :)
Take care of yourself and that baby!

lucy

Postby lucy » Fri Nov 12, 637649 7:05 am

Glad to hear things are looking better and you are being wtached closely, keep us updated!

Return to “Ask the Experienced”