Do protein levels go up and down?

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
srelm70

Re : Do protein levels go up and down?

Postby srelm70 » Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:16 am

Hello. I am certainly not a doctor or an expert in PE, but I wanted to tell you what's gone on with me. This is my 4th pregnancy and 1st experience with PE. I'm now almost 35 weeks. I was admitted to the hospital 09/27 when a 24 hour urine test came back at 1000 (can't remember, but I think it was milligrams?, 300 is normal) Then my next 24 hour was up to almost 1700 - I expected it to get worse. I was wrong. My third test was down to 1100, and my last was at 800. My nurses check my urine about every hour now and I generally stay at trace or 1+, but if I get dehydrated I go up to 2+, but the 24 hour is really the one to watch.

Hang in there, the women on this site are awesome :)

miriam

Do protein levels go up and down?

Postby miriam » Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:05 am

I've been showing trace amounts of protein all week this past week, until yesterday when I showed 1+ and this morning when I showed 2+. Am I on the road to hospital already or is it possible for it to go back down? I did a 24 hour yesterday and should get those results tomorrow, along with bloodworkd results. I am just soooooooo nervous about this getting worse quickly. My bp is still high but stable (high 130's/high 90's) but the docs are aware that that is just where I've been at for the last week and a half. I have no swelling to speak of at all.

I am 25 weeks 1 day. I am DYING to get to 28 weeks...and if I have to be hospitalized to do that it's fine....I'm just wondering if that's inevitable?

Return to “Ask the Experienced”