PA Golf 2006 - results report

This forum is the place to brainstorm creative approaches to fundraising and raising awareness. For more information, visit http://www.preeclampsia.org/make-a-diff ... undraising or contact Director of Community Relations Laney Poye at [email protected].
molly419

Re : PA Golf 2006 - results report

Postby molly419 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 03:45 pm

I can not give Dawn enough thanks for all the hard work she did. Dawn pulled off an impressive event with just 5 months for planning. She has also made contacts in the community for next year, with people who have not experinced preeclampsia, but were touched at the golf event.

Dawn, you did an awesome job!

sandy

Postby sandy » Wed Oct 11, 2006 03:16 pm

My goodness, Dawn. Congratulations on a successful event! It's great to see the detailed report...

In addition to the large amount of money you raised, it sounds like you also raised awareness with a lot of people.

Great job!!

aaronsmommy

Postby aaronsmommy » Wed Oct 11, 2006 08:47 am

Wow! What a great day! I know next year will be even bigger and better! :)

hmoore

Postby hmoore » Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:36 am

Dawn -
That is wonderful! Great job!!!

fiona
Forum Moderator

Postby fiona » Sat Oct 07, 2006 07:25 pm

Good work everyone. Dawn, thanks so much for providing such a detailed report.

jillmushet

Postby jillmushet » Sat Oct 07, 2006 05:25 pm

Sounds fantastic!! I wish I were there. Congratulations to Dawn and all involved!

angelkat

Postby angelkat » Sat Oct 07, 2006 02:20 pm

Great Job by all!... Congratulation on a wonderful event!

timelessbeauty

Postby timelessbeauty » Sat Oct 07, 2006 02:18 pm

WOOHOO .. Congratulations and What a wonderful run down!

Dawn D

PA Golf 2006 - results report

Postby Dawn D » Sat Oct 07, 2006 01:59 pm

Weather:
gorgeous sunny blue skies, nice breeze.

Welcome announcements: brief intro on the Preeclampsia Foundation, its origin and purpose, shared by Dawn Detweiler, event coordinator. Nikki Young offered a touching account of her experience and loss due to Preeclampsia /HELLP. (Thank you Nikki for your inspiration)!

Features:
Hole–in-one prizes on various holes including brand new car, Nike drivers, Las Vegas vacation, and airline tickets. Raffles, mulligan sales, BBQ lunch (chicken and ribs), event T-shirts, goodie bags

Raffle items included:
7 signed Phila Phillies baseballs (these were a “hit” – special thanks to Alli Creek and Phillies player Rick White) – collectables; 5x8 area rug - valued at $399 (special thanks to Jodi Baranowski and her employer); variety of golf supplies and apparel – valued at $200 + (some donated by Dick’s Sporting Goods); beauty basket; fine dining certif.., VIP movie tix and VIP car wash; 4 free golf passes

Signage donations given in honor and memory of the following PreE babies:
Olivia Lee Grady, Ariana and Phoenix Lang, Katlyne Nichole Kapp, Aaron Keith Young, Zachary James Fuller, Connor James Moore, Abigail E. Laureto, Mya Alyson Detweiler.
(Thank you all so much for your thoughtful donation gift. These signs were tender reminders of why the event was being held).

Participants:
7 teams equaling 28 golfers, plus 7 volunteers

INCOME……………………………… $3912.00
Registrations, Monetary Donations, Raffle ticket and Mulligan sales

DONATIONS; raffle and “in-kind” values ……approx $25,806

EXPENSES………………………………$2908.33
Golf Course & food, event T-shirts, receipts (printing, postage, prizes, newspaper ad, First Place cash prize)

FINAL DONATION to PF ………… $ 1003.67

Speaker: Molly Laureto, PA state coordinator, shared facts and stats about the disorder, how donated money benefits PF, etc. (Thank you, Molly for your valuable leadership)!

Specific recognition of the volunteers that helped at the event: Thanks to Melissa, Harry, Calvin, Molly, Nikki and Pam.

Comments from participants:

“…. best golf course around!”
“I’ll be back next year and will bring more friends.”
“I can’t believe more didn’t come out, this is a great cause.”
“I can guarantee you an additional foursome for next year’s event.”
"I can get you a big sponsorship and raffle items from my company for next year."
“We had fun, great prizes!”

Follow-up:
The course was very pleased to have us this inaugural year, and has invited us back for next year! YAY!

Early plan for next year:

Following the holidays, secure a date for next year’s outing.

Will connect with local businesses early in 2007 about sponsorship so they can budget their support in advance.

Follow-up with the 16 golfers who could not play this year, but expressed sincere interest in participating next year.

Share details on next year’s event early with those who participated and donated this year.

Note: already secured a partnership with one of this year’s participants to advertise and distribute flyers about our 2007 event to 144 golfers that play in his annual Father’s Day tournament held at a nearby course.

Continually welcome PF member suggestions or help in gathering golfers, prizes, sponsors, and volunteers.

A VERY SPECIAL THANK YOU to everyone who provided well-wishes, early planning support, guidance, monetary gifts, and more, in support of this PA golf fundraising event.

My best to all those touched by Preeclampsia and related disorders. I am motivated by the hope these little efforts can make a difference in support of healthier outcomes for those affected in the future.

Final Note: PA took a darn good “swing” toward raising awareness and funds in support of the Preeclampsia Foundation mission.

~ Dawn Detweiler

Return to “Raising Awareness and Fundraising--Idea Exchange”